The Vice President of Patient Services is the organization's senior level behavioral health, social services and patient care executive responsible for assuring the overall standard of crisis services, as well as, ensures the effective and appropriate clinical oversight of the provision of behavioral health services. Provides and coordinates planning, delivery and evaluation of case management, social services, peer services and patient care services delivered by the social services discipline, assumes operational accountability and oversight of core units and departments. The VP is a knowledgeable, transformational leader who facilitates the development of a strong vision and philosophy for clinical practice and leads the social services discipline and patient care quality improvement to achieve exemplary empirical outcomes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversees the entire social service discipline, provision of crisis services continuum and discharge planning process.
- Initiates/coordinates and oversees the discharge planning processes and protocols of the organization's facilities with physicians, patients, families, caregivers and ancillary providers to support the member's continuity of care needs when they are discharge from the facilities.
- Performs reviews of concurrent patient services and retrospective quality care issues, and outcome studies.
- Maintains ongoing database/documentation to monitor all case management, peer services, and social service activities/treatment and outcome plans for patient conformance with organizational and government regulations.
- Collaborates with all Departments and community-based organizations in planning referral and transition activities for patients within the eco-system.
- Educates social services and case management facility staff on processes and protocols.
- Identifies quality issues and assist in performing quality reviews.
- Develops, trains and implements policies and procedures to support the social services and case management functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Direct Reports:
- Social Services Leader (multiple sites)
- Manager, Social Services
- Manager, Patient Advocates
- Supervisory Functions:
- Assigned full authority and responsibilities for appropriate departments as described above.
- Manages direct reports and related departments in such a manner as to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Communicates to subordinates clearly regarding job responsibilities, milestones and targets in a manner which empowers them to be successful in their roles.
- Typical office environment.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers
- Travel to company subsidiaries may be necessary.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Advanced Clinical degree
- LPC, LCSW, or LMFT (Current AZ Independent License)
- 10 years in progressive healthcare management roles
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Clinical advanced degree
- 15+ years in progressive healthcare management roles
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Physical Demands
- Occasionally required to stand
- Occasionally required to walk.
- Continually required to sit.
- Occasionally required to use hands.
- Continually required to talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to lift/push light weights (less than 25 pounds)
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral, depth, and ability to adjust or focus
- Interpersonal Skills – Able to keeps emotions under control and navigate situations with composure; able to clearly articulate complex ideas to others; demonstrates excellent work ethic and integrity to see assignments through to the end; capable worker who inspires others and can take charge when work needs to be finished; maintains a positive attitude that helps others keep stress levels down and generates a feeling of optimism in the work place; and able to accept constructive criticism.
- Integrity – Communicates accurate, factual information openly; able to exercise a broad understanding of situations, giving the benefit of the doubt to others and a change to articulate concerns or interest; cares about outcomes, willing to go to considerable effort in order to make a valuable difference; demonstrates responsibility through the use of care and foresight in carrying out a task; and understands what is needed and provides effective solutions to remedy the situation by responding promptly to requests and accommodating accordingly.
- Professionalism – Demonstrates a desire to build and maintain a reputation as a professional—to learn the ropes, to follow advice of a trusted mentor and to seek training and development for personal growth; conveys confidence in their organization role and self; acts responsibly and fair in all work activities; acts within a developed personal code of ethics that includes legal, ethical and honest intent; and shows poise and calm to workers during tough situations and when making high-pressure decisions.
- Initiative- takes charge, shows a willingness to get things done and take responsibility; readiness to embark on bold new adventures, implements a new strategy or plan to solve a problem or improve a situation.
- Dependability & Reliability – inspires full confidence from co-workers and leadership that one will get the support or assistance required; will complete tasks in a complete and appropriate manner, competently and consistently.
- Willingness to Learn – Exhibits a desire, wish and readiness to acquire new knowledge and develop; demonstrates by embracing emerging technology, is eager to be more qualified and keep up with modern trends.
- Resilience – Cultivates a belief in the ability to cope with any problem or issue; promotes a sense of community, support and connectedness in the workplace; seek reward and empowerment through being helpful to others; cultivate positive emotions and an attitude of survivorship that activates strength to get through hardship, promote learning through challenging experiences.
Preferred Years Of Experience:10 Year(s)
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :